Meghan Markle told friends there is nothing legally stopping her and Prince Harry from using the Sussex Royal brand despite the Queen’s ban, it has been claimed.
The couple hoped to continue using the name, which they are believed to have spent a huge amount of money trademarking, after they step back from their roles as senior royals next month.
However the Queen put her foot down and said they weren’t allowed to use it for their projects and charity work going forward – a decision that hasn’t gone down well with the couple.
Meghan reportedly told pals that using the word royal shouldn’t even be an issue in the first place and it’s not like they want to be in the business of selling T-shirts and pencils, reports the Daily Mail.
A source told the newspaper: Meghan said she’s done with the drama and has no room in her life for naysayers, and the same goes for Harry.
She reportedly claimed the couple picked the name Sussex Royal to “protect the royal name, not profit off it”.
Friends also claim she said their “success is inevitable” regardless of whether they can use the name or not.
The source said: She said regardless of the name, Harry and Archie have royal blood and no one can take that away. And that as a family, they will always be considered royalty.
She said they know what their true intentions are and that’s all that matters.
Once they’ve officially stepped back as senior royals, the couple are set to launch their own non-profit organisation, and they will continue to work with their existing patronages.
The pal also told the Mail that Archie is Meghan and Harry’s driving force, and they are determined to make a better world for their little boy.
Earlier this week Buckingham Palace announced more details of the split, which have been agreed after weeks of discussions behind closed doors.
The official date for ‘Megxit’ will be March 31, with a review of the new arrangement after 12 months.
The couple will stop using their HRH titles the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as they start their new lives in Canada.
However, they will still retain their titles and Harry keeps his place in the line of succession.
The Palace also confirmed Meghan and Harry will be closing their Buckingham Palace office, meaning their 15 employees face the axe as the couple prepare to move their lives to North America.
Harry will keep his military ranks of Major, Lieutenant Commander and Squadron Leader but will not use them during the 12 month trial period.
New details of when we will see the couple, who are currently in Canada with their son Archie next have also emerged.
Harry will join Jon Bon Jovi as he re-records his song ‘Unbroken’ with the Invictus Games Choir on February 28.
On March 5 Meghan will join Harry to attend the Endeavour Fund Awards
The following day, Harry will join Lewis Hamilton at the official opening of the Silverstone Experience, a brand-new immersive museum that tells the story of the past, present and future of British motor racing.
The couple will also attend the Mountbatten Music Festival on March 7.
The annual performance at the Royal Albert Hall by the Massed Bands of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines raises money for The Royal Marines Charity and CLIC Sargent.